In this show, we talk about:
- How to Set Up Availability Group with a Domain Account
- How to Start SQL Server Without Tempdb?
- Auto-Commit vs. Implicit Transactions
- What’s between Corruption and Blocking?
- What Machine Learning Can Do?
Show 96 is here. Among other stuff, we talked about:
- SQLGrillen 2018
- Simulating IGNORE NULLs Functionality on FIRST_VALUE and LAST_VALUE Functions
- Database Corruption Story
- Query Store, Automatic Query Tuning, and how they relate to automatic cars
it’s been very busy lately, and Guy is currently abroad, so we’re posting something a little different.
For the 100th show of the Hebrew edition, we celebrated with 5 panels about different topics we held on SQLSaturday Israel.
One of the panels was about programming best practices in SQL Server, and conveniently, it was in English.
We’ll be back in two weeks with a regular show.
It’s about time we have a guest in the show!
We are excited to welcome Alex Yates (@_AlexYates_).
In this show we talk about continuous integration, delivery and deployment for databases, why is it so hard, and what is the secret sauce.
Here are some of links we covered in the conversation:
Robert Davis, aka @SQLSoldier, has recently passed away unexpectedly. This was a shock to the entire SQL family, and of course to his wife, Chrissy.
Robert was one of the most known and loved professionals in the SQL community. He will be certainly missed.
We dedicate this show in honor of Robert. We talk about some of his best blog posts over the years, his contributions, and also about his jokes.
Here are some relevant links: