We talk to Tom about his long time volunteering at PASS and about his current role as the president of the organization.
Among other topics, we cover:
- What does it mean to be PASS president?
- What’s the path to being on the board of directors?
- How does Tom manage to balance between his job at Solarwinds, his role at PASS and his family?
- How did 24 Hours of PASS come to the world?
- What is PASS Summer Camp?
- And more..
He also serves as the president of the PASS board of directors.
He’s a Microsoft Certified Master, a SQL Server MVP, a VMWare vExpert, and also a Microsoft Certified Trainer. He has over 15 years experience in the IT industry in various roles such as programmer, developer, analyst, and database administration.
Tom is also the author of DBA Survivor: Become a Rock Star DBA and have participated in the technical review of several other books.