Download Episode (mp3)
Did you know that SQL was initially called “Sequel” (Structured English Query Language)?
On this show, we go back to basics and talk about our favorite language – Transact-SQL (T-SQL).
We cover a lot of topics in the fields of development, performance and maintenance. Among them:
- The logical phases of query processing
- Our favorite and least favorite T-SQL features
- T-SQL development best practices
- How to avoid writing long Stored Procedures
- How to avoid writing the “mother of all queries”
- The Axis of Evil T-SQL featrues
- Why you should (almost) never use table variables
Items mentioned in the show:
- Matan Yungman – The Axis of Evil
- Itzik Ben-Gan – Creative Uses of the APPLY Operator (Part1)
- Itzik Ben-Gan – Creative Uses of the APPLY Operator (Part2)