Download Episode (mp3)
On this show, we talk about monitoring in SQL Server. But actually, monitoring is not only monitoring: It’s also baselining, data collection, data analysis, reporting and alerting, and we cover all of those in the show. Among other topics, we talk about:
- The different levels of monitoring
- Why it’s important to have a baseline
- Trend analysis
- What should you monitor in SQL Server
- The set of tools for monitoring, baselining, data collection, reporting and alerting
- What should you do when you get an alert about a certain problem
- And more..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Conor Cunningham – Managing 1 Million+ DBs-How Big Data is used to run SQL Azure
- Maria Zakourdaev – Alert Visualization Recipe
Happy 2015, everybody!