Download Episode (mp3)
We love working with SQL Server, but over the years, we’ve had some interesting, funny, sad and horrific cases related to it. On this show, we talk about some of those cases.
Among other topics, we talk about:
- How to bring SQL Server online when it has no tempdb files
- Stored Procedure and Plan Cache optimization over the phone
- Finding out who dropped a database
- A very destructive MERGE statements that kills clusteres
- Data corruptions
- Table variable horrors
- And more..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Matan Yungman – The Strange Story About the MERGE that Killed the Cluster
- Paul Randal – Advanced Data Recovery Techniques
- Russ Thomas’ Monthly DBA Challenge
If you like the show, please consider leaving a short review about the show on iTunes.