Download Episode (mp3)
It’s the monthly all-over-the-place version of the show, and this time we have a mix of various topics like the cloud, T-SQL development, performance, SQL Server 2014, events and presentation skills.
We also have some more mystery around the Non-Blocking Sort issue from earlier shows.
More specifically, we talk about:
- Is the cloud a threat or opportunity for DBAs?
- The ways to pass a list of values to a Stored Procedure
- The distribution of installations between SQL Server versions
- Non-Blocking Sort – Is there a hidden Iterator that helps it?
- Various presentations worth watching
- The new SQL Server 2014 Cardinality Estimator
- And more..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Guy Glantser – DBA in the Cloud: Threat or Opportunity?
- Adam Machanic – SQLCLR String Splitting Part 2: Even Faster, Even More Scalable
- Erland Sommarskog – Arrays and Lists in SQL Server
- 24 Hours of Pass Summit Preview Edition
- Julie Koesmarno – “I Want It NOW!” Data Visualization with Power View
- Kalen Delaney – In-Memory OLTP Internals: How is a 30x Performance Boost Possible?
- 24 Hours of Pass Portuguese Edition
- 24 Hours of Pass SQL Server 2014 Edition
- Sunil Agarwal – SQL Server 2014: In-Memory OLTP for Database Administrators
- Sunil Agarwal – Columnstore Technical Deep Dive
- Jimmy May – Columnstore Indexes in SQL Server 2014: Flipping the DW Faster Bit
- SQLSaturday Israel
- Aaron Bertrand – Tricks to play on your DBA
- Madeira Course – What’s New in SQL Server 2014?