Did you know SSMS can make sounds?
We start the show with some interesting things you might do with this option.
In addition, we talk about:
- SQL Server on Linux
- Hadoop fundamentals
- SQL Server 2016 eBook
- Changes to auto update statistics in SQL Server 2016
- New SQL Server 2016 database level configurations
- Distributed Availability Groups – what is it and use cases
- How AWS storage works
- Composite indexes
- Plan Cache issues
Items mentioned in the show:
- Guy Glantser – Hadoop Fundamentals
- Denny Cherry – How to make SSMS beep when a query is done?
- Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2016: Mission-Critical Applications, Deeper Insights, Hyperscale Cloud, Preview 2
- Erik Darling – Changes to auto update stats thresholds in SQL Server 2016
- Brent Ozar – SQL Server 2016: The Death of the Trace Flag
- Distributed Availability Groups