Download Episode (mp3)
You know you have a performance problem in your server, but where do you start looking in order to find what that problem is?
On our 3rd show, we take a deep dive into performance tuning and talk about:
- The Top-Down and Bottom-Up methods and when to use which
- The various tools SQL Server gives us for performance tuning
- How to pinpoint the problem in any of the methods
- What to look for when tuning a slow running query or process
- What to look for when analyzing execution plans
- Why you should always blame the network
- And more..
What’s your method for performance tuning? What are the tools that you use? Tell us in the comments..