We tried something new this time, and broadcast the show live on Persicope.
Periscope is a service by Twitter that allows each one to start a live broadcast anywhere and anytime from his phone or tablet. We will try it out a few more times, so watch for our announcements about future broadcasts on Twitter.
As for SQL Server stuff, among other topics, we talk about:
- SQL Server Developer Edition vs. Enterprise Edition
- Benchmarking Columnstore Indexes and Columnstore in SQL Server 2016
- Restoring transaction logs on Amazon RDS
- Log Shipping on disconnected servers
- Amazon RDS vs. Azure SQL Database
- Amazon Aurora
- Foreign Keys
Links mentioned in the show:
- Matan Yungman – Columnstore Indexes: Questions and Answers
- Kendra Little – The Easiest Way to Restore Transaction Logs to a Point in Time
- Matan Yungman – Can Log Shipping Work Without Shipping the Log?