Download Episode (mp3)
Two weeks have passed, and another show is here!
We start by talking about scary DBA sentences
We continue with PASS Summit 2015 and about the sessions we’ll deliver at the summit.
We then talk about:
- T-SQL code patterns
- interesting scenarios with small but very active SQL Server tables
- jobs that will be replaced by machines
- Tempdb Contention and improvements in SQL Server 2016
- The power of SQL for other data solutions like Couchbase and Azure Stream Analytics
- And more..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Kendra Little – Contest: Write the Scariest DBA Sentence
- PASS Summit 2015
- Matan Yungman – The Data Loading Performance Presentation (from 24 Hours of PASS)
- Dwain Camps – High Performance T-SQL using Code Patterns
- Matan Yungman – Can a SQL Server Table be Too Small?
- Will Your Job Be Done By a Machine?
- The Azure Stream Analytics Query Language
- Couchbase N1QL