Download Episode (mp3)
Show 12 is here, and yet again we have a mix of various SQL Server topics. Among them are High Availability, development, performance, Columnstore Indexes, Azure, and general news and events.
More specifically, we talk about:
- How log backup and Log Shipping really work
- What parts of SQL Server Memory does the Max Server Memory option controls
- Performance differences between Row_Number and CROSS APPLY
- A disturbing bug with the SYSDATETIME function
- Clustered Columnstore Indexes, and how Rebuild and Reorganize work on them
- Azure Storage
- SQLRally and SQLBits conferences
- And more..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Guy Glantser – SQL Server Developer Tips that Can Save Your XXX
- Matan Yungman – Rebuilding and Reorganizing Clustered Columnstore Indexes
- Kendra Little – Did You Give SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition Enough Memory?
- Glenn Berry – Running SQL Server 2014 on an Azure Virtual Machine
- Mary Jo Foley – Microsoft says Storage service performance update brought Azure down
- Azure Premium Storage