Download Episode (mp3)
On previous shows, we talked about an interesting behavior of the Sort operator and missing nodes in execution plans. On this show, we finally have the explanation for those Phenomenons.
In addition, we talk about:
- What needs does Azure DocumentDB come to address
- Common mistakes with Parameterization in SQL Server
- Tracking Page Splits
- Tracking progress of index builds and rebuilds
- A new index maintenance script
- Dangerous backups
- And more..
Items mentioned in the show:
- Guy Glatnser – Parameterization Part 5: Two Common Mistakes
- Paul White – Nested Loops Prefetching
- Wikipedia – Merge Sort
- Matan Yungman – Tracking Progress of Index Builds and Rebuilds
- Guy Glantser – Monitoring Page Splits
- Midnight SQL – Minion Reindex
- Kendra LIttle – Why I Don’t Use SQL Server’s Activity Monitor
- Introduction to Azure DocumentDB
- Guy Glantser – Be Careful! Backups Can Bite You!