While at PASS Summit a few weeks ago, we sat together with a few other podcasters for a talk about mentors, speaking, podcasting and community.
The participants where:
- Carlos L. Chacon from the SQL Data Partners podcast
- Richie Rump from the Away from the Keyboard podcast
- Chris Bell from the WoxPod podcast
- Us, Guy and Matan, the SQL Server Radio guys
Among other topics, we talked about:
- Who are our mentors and how have they helped us?
- What are the qualities of a good mentor?
- How we started speaking and sharing with the community
- What should you do when you become a mentor yourself?
- Why a little bit of guts almost always helps
- Why it’s important to meet new people
- How SQL Server Radio was started
Items mentioned in the show:
- SQL Data Partners Podcast
- Away from the Keyboard Podcast
- WoxPod Podcast
- Guy entering as Superman at PASS Summit
- Statistics Parser
- SQL Server Radio show 8 – SQLRally Inteviews