The PASS Summit interview series continues, and today we talk to Pieter Vanhove (Blog | Twitter). Pieter is a Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft, and we talk to him about his experience from Microsoft and his previous job. Among other topics, we talk to Pieter about:
- Why you need a morning checklist
- How can you do it better with Policy Based Management and a Central Management Server
- Migrating SQL Server to Azure
- Automation in Azure
Pieter was also the first winner of Speaker Idol and therefore won the prize of presenting a session on this year’s PASS Summit. We talk about how he won the contest, and also about how he prepared for presenting a session with another presenter that lives more than 5000 kilometers from him.
Items mentioned in the show:
- Pieter’s PASS Summit Session: Run Your DBA Morning Checklist with Policy-Based Management
- Pieter Vanhove – How to perform index maintenance on Azure SQL Database
Pieter Vanhove is a Microsoft Premier Field Engineer in Belgium and has been working with SQL Server since 2000. Performance tuning, SQL audits, migrations and training are part of the job. Pieter has also a profound knowledge in implementing high availability and disaster recovery solutions. Together with the SQLUG in Belgium, he helps organizing SQL Server Days and is also a regular speaker at Belgian and international events.