We start to warm up the engines towards PASS Summit, which will take place in Seattle at the end of October.
Before the summit, we will host a few speakers to talk about their sessions and share some of the stuff you can expect to hear.
Among other topics, we talk to Bradley about:
- What you can expect to hear in Bradley’s PASS Summit precon and session
- Data architecture
- What is Microsoft APS and what’s important when working with it
- How Azure SQL Datawarehouse took the APS idea a step further
- Message queuing
- Bradley’s military career
Items mentioned in the show:
- Bradley’s PASS Summit session: Indexing Internals for Developers and DBAs
- Bradley’s PASS Summit precon: Optimize “All Data” with a Modern Data Warehouse Solution
- Jason Strate – sp_IndexAnalysis
We also talk about some weird meanings of the acronym “APS”.
Bradley Ball is a SQL Server MVP with about 15 years of IT experience. Bradley spent 8 years working as a defense contractor for clients such as the U.S. Army and The Executive Office of the President of the United States. He is the data platform management lead with Pragmatic Works and a Microsoft VTSP. He has presented at SQLSaturday, SSUGs, SQLRally, DevConnections, SQLBits, SQL Live 360, and PASS Summit. Bradley can be found blogging at http://www.SQLBalls.com.