On this show, we host a good friend of both of us – Boris Hristov!
Boris (blog | twitter) is a SQL Server MVP from Bulgaria and a really passionate and efficient guy. He delivers a lot of technical training and also talks a lot about presentation design. We talk to Boris about those things and also about travelling, sports, work-life balance, and more.
Among other topics, we talk to Boris about:
- Boris’ community initiative, SQL Hangouts
- What is Policy Based Management and why is it so important?
- How can you use Distributed Replay in your environment?
- The importance of presentation design
- Data corruption
- What is Tapout XT
Items mentioned in the show:
- SQL Hangouts
- Guy Glantser on SQL Hangouts about founding a company and work-life balance
- Matan Yungman (with William Durkin) on SQL Hangouts about transitioning from DBA to consultant
- Boris Hristov – Presentation Design – Why You Should Care?
- Boris Hristov courses on Pluralsight
Boris is a SQL Server Consultant and Pluralsight Author from Bulgaria who you can regularly see speaking at conferences all across Europe. He is also training companies and students in the “Art of SQL Server” and loves to share his knowledge online as part of podcasts, webcasts or on his blog – http://borishristov.com/blog/.
The fastest way you can reach him is on twitter where he writes under @BorisHristov and you can even join him for a SQLHangout which are video conversations that he hosts with people from the SQL Server community.